Enhancing your communication
We assist children and adults with communication issues, including delayed speech development, reading and spelling difficulties, stuttering, voice disorders and difficulties associated with stroke, head injury or Parkinson's disease. We also specialise in speech rehabilitation, language rehabilitation, fluency, voice and English as a second language (accent modification). Referrals are not required to attend our clinics.
Services we offer
We support children of any age develop their communication skills. We work with clients and their families to promote positive change and enhance daily life skills in a supportive, confidential environment. Our students will work with you and your child to develop programs specific to your child's needs to help them reach their full potential.
Our services focus on:
- Speech and Language: We offer comprehensive consultations and interventions for children and adolescents who are having difficulties with the development of their speech or language
- Fluency: We offer comprehensive consultations and interventions for people who are experiencing a stutter using the evidence-based Lidcombe and Smooth Speech Approaches
- Literacy: We offer comprehensive assessment and treatment for children who are having difficulty with their reading and writing using evidence-based Phonological Awareness for Literacy (PAL) approach
- Complex Clients: We offer comprehensive assessment and treatment of children with Developmental Delays and Disabilities
We support people of any age who are experiencing communication difficulties in their everyday lives. Clients and their families work with our clinicians and students to promote positive change and enhance daily life skills in a supportive, confidential environment. Our students will work with you to help you build or maintain your communication skills and maximise your quality of life.
Our services focus on:
- Aphasia and Dysphasia : We work with people who are experiencing communication difficulties as a result of a neurological condition or incident such as stroke, Parkinson’s Disease. We also work with their communication partners to help them live well with Aphasia
- Fluency: We work with adults who stutter to help them maximise their fluency using the evidence based Smooth Speech Approach
- Accent Modification: We work with people who speak English as a Second language (ESL) to minimise the impact that their accent has on their everyday lives
- Voice: We work with people who are experiencing Voice Disorders to help them use their voices efficiently, without pain and strain
We offer a range of Specialty Speech Pathology Programs. Our students work with clients and their families to promote positive change and enhance daily life skills in a supportive, confidential environment.
Our speciality programs include:
- Fluency Booster: The Fluency Booster is designed for people who stutter and who have started receiving treatment for their stuttering using a smooth speech technique. The Fluency Booster aims to consolidate the smooth speech technique and provide opportunities to practice in real life speaking situations. The Booster program is 2 days of individual and group therapy
- Aphasia Intensive: The Aphasia Intensive is a treatment program where you will receive approximately 25 hours of individual and group therapy over five days
- PAL Intensive: The Phonological Awareness for Literacy (PAL) program is a therapy program for children with reading and spelling difficulties. Children will receive 20 hours of group and individual therapy over 5 days
- PAL Booster: The PAL Booster Clinic is an intensive Speech Pathology service offered to children with language-based difficulties with reading and spelling
- Ready, Set Prep: This is a group skill development program to help children transition to the prep classroom environment
- SPOT: In our Speech Pathology and Occupational Therapy program (SPOT) student clinicians work together to support kids. We implement fun and engaging activities to help kids achieve their best at home, school and in play